UWIDEF has successfully collaborated with the UWI Mona Office of Student Financing (OSF) to consistently award scholarships brokered by UWIDEF since 1990.
For the academic year 2015/2016 thirty (30) awards are available spanning a wide cross-section of academic fields. These Scholarships and Bursaries are available out of the UWIDEF office each with their own requirement specified by the donor and approved by the Office of Student Financing.
Things to note when applying for the Scholarships and Bursaries brokered by UWIDEF:
- Applications must be made through the Office of Student Financing unless otherwise stated.
Office of Student Financing (OSF)
The University of the West Indies Campus Mona, Jamaica
(876) 935-8315 | firstname.lastname@example.org| http://myspot.mona.uwi.edu/osf/
- Each recipient will participate in a photo shoot for Public Relations purposes. If this is not feasible, for example Law students currently at the Cavehill Campus, the recipients must submit a high resolution photograph appropriate for publications. Please note that this is separate from and does not omit the requirement to provide a passport sized photograph as part of the application process.
- Each scholarship or bursary recipient will be expected to write a letter of gratitude to the Donor of this award and provide an academic resume.
- Each scholarship or bursary recipient is required to attend the UWIDEF Annual Donor Recognition and Scholarship Awards event to formally receive the award and interact with the donors. Recipients who are at campuses outside of Jamaica may send a representative to the event. Outside of critical emergencies there are no exceptions to this provision.